- Published on Saturday, 23 February 2013 22:59
- Written by Calvin G. Brown
- Hits: 337
Youth and culture minister Lisa Hanna says although reggae music is now a global phenomenon there is more to be done to ensure that the music form helps propel Jamaican culture to its rightful place as a potent force of social and economic liberation.
- Published on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 10:57
- Written by Caricom News Network
- Hits: 2120
Minister of Youth and Culture, Hon. Lisa Hanna says the 68th anniversary of the birth of reggae icon Hon. Robert Nesta “Bob” Marley OM, presents an opportunity to remind ourselves that while much has been accomplished in relation to Jamaican culture and music, there is still much work to be done to transform the power of Brand Jamaica into more significant economic gain for the country and its people.
- Published on Thursday, 03 January 2013 07:39
- Written by Trinidad Guardian
- Hits: 531
Head of the National Carnival Commission Allison Demas says there was no official statement from the US Embassy claiming that Carnival masqueraders could not pass in front the embassy on Carnival Monday and Tuesday.
- Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 05:29
- Written by Caribbean 360
- Hits: 371
KINGSTON, Jamaica, Tuesday January 22, 2013 – The widely acclaimed 2012 cinebiography of Jamaican reggae legend Bob Marley has been nominated for three prestigious awards in two different countries.
- Published on Tuesday, 01 January 2013 01:05
- Written by By Soumaila T. Diarra -All Africa
- Hits: 460
Bamako — In the southern Senegal village of Kael Bessel, female genital mutilation is no longer a taboo subject. Sexagenarian Fatoumata Sabaly speaks freely about female circumcision and girls' rights with her friends.
- Published on Tuesday, 22 January 2013 04:11
- Written by Antigua Observer
- Hits: 434
ST JOHN’S, Antigua – The name Wadadli is widely accepted as the pre-Columbus name given to the island of Antigua, but now a local historian is asserting that the island was actually never called Wadadli.
- Published on Thursday, 20 December 2012 04:32
- Written by ACN
- Hits: 429
- Published on Saturday, 19 January 2013 07:10
- Written by Demerara Waves
- Hits: 336
Former Foreign Affairs Minister and Guyana’s Permanent Representative to the UN Rudy Insanally has launched a book documenting his experiences and thoughts on the art of diplomacy.